During some town time, I came across some health tips from the Tumblr owlsandacorns during the summer. There are some good tips in here and you bet I’ll be using them.
Since summer time is upon us and it’s already hot af, I decided to compile some health tips for you:
• Know your limits. Unless you’re used to it, don’t try to spend six hours outside in direct sunlight and 90° heat.
• That said, try putting cold water on your hat.
• Wear sunblock (it’s not always necessary but a good idea).
• Also wear sunblock while swimming. I know this from experience.
• OFF: Deep Woods is the best bug spray. You’re welcome.
• Don’t like the Bug Spray Smell™? ‘Cutter’ makes some that doesn’t stink and it works pretty well, too.
• Drink water. Gatorade is also good.
• Aloe Vera is your spiky friend.
• Can’t grow Aloe? Most stores sell Aloe gel- store it in the fridge (or ice cooler for on the go) 😉
• drink water
• Don’t worry about all this “summer body” bs. No one’s judging you. And if they are, they’re assholes. Rise above it.
• Going swimming/snorkeling/scuba diving? Bring light but good snacks- saltine crackers, applesauce (best cold), bottled water, sugary fruit (watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, etc)
• The ocean is a big place, with lots of neat stuff in it. There’s also lots of currents. Use the buddy system and don’t get too far from the boat (check regularly to make sure you don’t).
• Don’t go on beaches/swimming during storms or squalls
• Pick up your trash, please. There’s probably going to be other people around you or will be there after you, and no one likes to pick up trash someone else left behind.
• I cannot emphasize this enough: drink. water. If you don’t, you will get a monster headache, be dizzy, nauseous, and miserable. If it gets severe enough, you can black out and require hospitalization, where you will get an IV. It’s more common than you think.
• And perhaps the most important thing: enjoy yourself. Don’t spend time with people who drag you down or make fun of you. If they do, dump their asses and go eat ice cream on the beach or whatever you like to do like the beautiful, awesome bitch you are.
This concludes me trying to be helpful. Have fun and stay hydrated this summer, my guys, gals and nonbinary pals ✌