Tag Archives: motiviation
I came across this on Tumblr and thought it had some good things to take away.
It’s Time to Respect Yourself
If you feel you don’t really respect yourself then take a quick look at the list below and try to makes some changes in your daily life.
1. Ask yourself: “What does it mean to respect someone?” We have different ideas about the qualities and traits that are worthy of recognition and respect. For example, it could include being honest and reliable, being the kind of person who will listen and be there, or being understanding and trustworthy. Now ask if you have some of these qualities and traits. If so, you deserve to give yourself respect.
2. Treat yourself with kindness and proper respect. Stop and think about the kinds of things you say about yourself (“I’m ugly; I’m a failure; I hate myself; There’s no point in trying as I’m bound to fail”). You’d never say those kinds of things to someone else you loved – so why are you insulting and putting yourself down? Stop treating yourself badly – and start showing respect.
3. When others disrespect you, stand up for yourself. When people are rude, or expect too much of you, don’t feel you have to take it – or there’s nothing you can do. Believe you deserve better and stand up for yourself.
4. Take care of you mental and physical health. Respect that you have limits and can’t do everything. Sometimes you need a break or some time on your own. Also, if you love who you are then you will treat your body well. Don’t treat it like a garbage can and or exercise!
5. Find out who you are. You’re unique – with your own gifts and personality. Don’t copy other people or be a replica. Don’t bury who you are – to get approval or be loved. Be true to yourself and try to follow your own heart.